Ocala Woman Faces Child Neglect Charges
An Ocala woman who police say locked her children in their room while she went to work remains in jail tonight. Ocala Police went to the woman's apartment complex Thursday morning after getting a call about her 8-year-old boy who had missed the bus and was alone.
The boy then told investigators his mother was at work and that he and his 3-year-old sister and 2-year-old brother had been locked inside their bedroom.
He said he was able to get out by using a hanger to open the lock. Officers found their mother, 25-year-old Tina Orr at her job and arrested her.
Ocala Police Lt. Robert Fosler said, "I believe it was a family relative who was supposed to take the child to the bus stop and was supposed to be monitoring in a while a baby monitor in a whole different apartment which, when the officers checked, it was on, but all they got was static from one apartment to the other."
Orr is being held without bond.
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges
- Intoxicated Parents Arrested, Face Child Neglect Charges
- Woman Charged With Child Neglect, Passes Out With Toddler In Car
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Woman arrested on neglect charges
- Attorney faces Child Porn Charges
- Gator Swim Club Coach Faces Child Sex Charges
- Woman Punches Child in Face
- Ocala Bar Facing Underage Drinking Charges
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In