POSSIBLE HATE CRIME
A man is behind bars tonight on charges of aggravated battery... and police believe it is a hate crime.
Officials say Dywon Florence, along with two other men, attacked the victim at the Gardenia Gardens apartments in Gainesville.
The fight got worse when the victims girlfriend tried to step into the argument. During the fight, all three men punched, kicked, and choked the victim.
Police are treating it as a possible hate crime because according to the victim the suspects yelled several obscenities at him.
- State Attorney's Office Files Petition in Hate Crime Against Teacher
- Marion County Man Charged With Hate Crime
- Man Shot In Face During Hate Crime
- More Arrested in Florida Hate Crime, Conspiracy Case
- Rabbi killed in Florida; police say no hate crime
- Five Guys robbed in Ocala, possibly linked to other crimes
- Drivers Love To Hate Lovebugs
- "Hateful" Sign Causes Neighborhood Uproar
- Community Comes Foward To Discuss Hate Sign
- Possible Closure For The Aguilar Family