Ring Lost in Hawaiian Reef Returns to Gainesville
A Gainesville man lost his 1974 University of Wisconsin class ring, while snorkeling in a reef off Oahu, Hawaii.
But that ring is back on Jeff Kasper's finger this week, thanks to efforts by another snorkeler who found it in the water.
Chris Recknagel, of Yukon, Oklahoma, says he contacted the University of Wisconsin's alumni association. He told them the year on the ring and a name inscribed inside.
That information helped generate an email address.
Kasper received the ring in the mail Tuesday.
- A Known Crime Ring Strikes in Gainesville
- Part of Regional Fraud Ring Busted in Gainesville
- More Than Two Decades Later, Superbowl Ring Returned To Rightful Owner
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy
- College Students Return to Gainesville
- Boy Returns to Gainesville for Special Surgery
- Holiday Ice Rink to Return to Downtown Gainesville
- Gainesville Voters Watch Election Returns at Hippodrome
- Coral Reef Restoration
- Lost Everything in Fire