Airboat Curfew Does Not Pass
Residents who were against an airboat curfew spoke about how this would effect their business and it's really trouble makers who are giving them a bad name. Those who were for the curfew complain that it's hard to get sleep at night due to the noise of the airboats.
There were 2 motions put on the floor. The first one was a 10pm to 7am curfew and the second was an 11 pm to 6am curfew with exception for gator and duck hunters during their seasons. The commission needed two thirds of a vote for the ordinance to pass, but it did not. Commissioner Long and Pinkoson voted against the proposal.
- County Airboat Curfew Proposal
- Curfew for Airboats
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- Deadly Airboat Accident
- Still No Decision on Alachua County Airboat Ban
- Nighttime Change For Airboaters
- What Does Dad Mean to You?
- Where Does Your Christmas Tree Come From?
- Charter Amendment One was Defeated. What does this mean for Gainesville's Businesses.
- Modern Education: Where Does Creativity Fit with the New Common Core Standards?