Alachua Committee Against Brutality Protest Against Gainesville Police
Something more than legal action has come out of the riot during a party a week ago. The organization, Alachua Committee Against Brutality, was formed after members say police unprofessionally mishandled a large crowd and tasered a person. The group gathered at city hall Tuesday evening, claiming the five men arrested during the altercation, are victims of police brutality. Members feel the officers should be held accountable for their actions.
Lt. Keith Kameg, of the Gainesville Police Department says," The people from that crowd attacked the officers while they were attempting to make the arrest."
- Zimmerman Trial: Protesters Rally Against Verdict
- Residents Protest Against Violence in Venezuela
- Students Protest Against FBI Raids
- Teachers Protest as Tea Partiers Rally against Spending
- Protesters Line Up in Front of Walmart to Fight Back Against "Union-Busting Tactics"
- Protest for UF Student Shot by Police
- Alachua County Firefighters Protest Tentative County Budget
- Westboro Church Radicals' Protests Spark Outrage In Alachua County
- Protest In Front Of Gainesville Civil Courthouse
- Protesters Take to Gainesville Streets