Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
An Alachua County man accused of taking a little boy from an Altamonte Springs Hospital Monday night is now in custody.
Vincent Marchese was arrested Tuesday evening after a K9 tracked him down. Police say Marchese was supposed to keep an eye on the 3-year-old child while the mother was being treated, but then the child disappeared.
Marchese denies abducting the child.
Police say Marchese might not be charged with the more serious kidnapping charge because the mother asked Marchese to watch her son.
In the end, the Altamonte Springs Police Department will be charging Marchese with interfering with parental custody.
He will also face charges from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office for fleeing and eluding and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer.
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender
- Man accused of beating 3-year-old
- Man arrested for sexually assaulting 3-year-old
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 10-year-old boy charged in 2-year-old cousin's death
- Pickin' For Kaedyn, Helping 3-Year-Old Leukemia Patient
- Death of 3-Year-Old Leads to Questions Parents Need to Ask
- Man Accused of Sex with 14-Year-Old, Two Spoke Through App