Alachua County Staff Banned From Texting
Technology upgrades can be great, but for Alachua County, one form is becoming a burden. So for now, Alachua County staff are banned from using text messages to discuss county business. This goes for both county-issued cell phones and personal phones.
According to the states' open record law, the county could be asked to produce public records including text messages, but the county says it has no way to produce those records if they were requested.
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- County staff drafts pot ordinance
- Alachua County Residents Can Now Text 911
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- Almost No Citations One Month into Texting Ban
- Texting and Driving Ban Starts Oct. 1st
- Texting While Driving Ban Moves Forward
- Drivers Have Mixed Reaction Towards Proposed Texting Ban
- Texting While Driving Ban
- National Texting and Driving Ban