Cynthia Chestnut New Chair of Alachua County Commission
Someone new is handling the gavel at Alachua County Commission meetings. Chairman Mike Byerly stepped down yesterday, as his year-long term came to an end.
Cynthia Chestnut took his place. She was the vice chair. The new vice chair is Lee Pinkoson.
Chestnut says she has big plans for the commission in the coming months. Some of the issues she wants to address are economic development, particularly in the east Gainesville redevelopment project, and community health, with mobile health units and an initiative to fight childhood obesity.
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Commission approves new Melrose Fire Dept. contract
- Gainesville High Social Studies Chair Named "Teacher of the Year"
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Sheriff, commission reach agreement over budget appeal
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Stopped in Gainesville
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology