Early Morning Fire Kills Five
Marion County Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a structure fire at 11290 NW 20th St. at 6:46 a.m. after a caller on a cell phone alerted MCFR to the incident. When crews arrived on-scene less than six minutes later at 6:52 a.m., the single-wide mobile home was fully engulfed in flames and the roof had collapsed.
There were five confirmed fire fatalities; however, the victims’ ages and genders have not been released. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
TV20's Kristin Giannas reports today's tragedy was the highest number of deaths Marion County fire fighters have seen in a single structure fire, in the past 20 years.
- Early Morning Fire Kills 1
- Lake City woman killed in early morning crash
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- Five Young Men Killed In A Car Crash
- Skateboarder Killed in Early Morning Crash
- Branford man killed in early morning crash
- Five Children Die in Citra House Fire
- Five Year Old Dies in Fire
- Utilities Building Enveloped in Early Morning Fire
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Warehouse