Former GPD Officer May Lose Pension
A former Gainesville Police corporal turned convicted felon is fighting to keep his retirement benefits.
Bill Billings was convicted of lying about his hours at work and soliciting prostitutes while on the job.
In July, he was sentenced to two years probation.
This morning, a board of trustees for city law enforcement had a meeting about Billings retirement benefits.
The board decided to move forward with a formal hearing to determine if they should forfeit his pension.
So far, there is no set date for that hearing.
- GPD Loses Fingerprint Analysts
- Levy County Teachers May Be Losing Jobs
- Schools May Lose Chocolate Milk
- Former GPD Detective To receive Top Honor For Solving Crime
- Former GPD Officer's Voicemail Threat
- Former GPD Officer Sentenced in Prostitution Case
- Former Gainesville Pastor And Leader Loses Fight With Cancer
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- GPD Honored at The Capitol
- 4th Annual GPD Shop with a Cop event