Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
A Gainesville man is behind bars tonight after officers arrested him on animal abuse charges.
Officers say 26-year-old Melvin Shackelford's Great Dane was in such an emaciated state that all of its ribs, and rear tail and leg bones were clearly visible. A vet examined the rescued dog and says the animal was 50 to 60 pounds underweight, and the only cause is due to lack of food.
Shackelford is in the Alachua County jail on no bond.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Umatilla Man Arrested for Abuse
- Man Arrested In Abuse Case
- Allegations of Abuse at Animal Rescue
- Pilot UF Program Training Deputies to Identify Animal Abuse and Theft