Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
A Gainesville man is behind bars tonight after officers arrested him on animal abuse charges.
Officers say 26-year-old Melvin Shackelford's Great Dane was in such an emaciated state that all of its ribs, and rear tail and leg bones were clearly visible. A vet examined the rescued dog and says the animal was 50 to 60 pounds underweight, and the only cause is due to lack of food.
Shackelford is in the Alachua County jail on no bond.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Umatilla Man Arrested for Abuse
- Man Arrested In Abuse Case
- Man Who Stabbed Pit Bull To Death During Dogfight Arrested
- Gainesville man rents goats
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Allegations of Abuse at Animal Rescue
- As Dog Recovers, PETA Offers Reward in Search for Abuser