Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House
Thanksgiving is about spending time with those you love... and being thankful for what you have.
But for some families, being at home for the holidays isn't an option when their children are sick...
For those families, they find comfort at the Ronald McDonald House in Gainesville and say they are spending time with family... their Ronald McDonald family.
They say the house has been a wonderful support system while they're children have been patients at Shands.
And volunteers came in to make sure everyone had a home-cooked meal for Thanksgiving... complete with turkey and all the trimmings.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrates 30 Years
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrate 40 Years of Service
- McDonalds burglarized
- Local teen gets $100,000 scholarship
- Third Annual Alex McDonald Pass, Punt and Kick Competition
- Free dental care for 100 people
- Construction underway for Loves Truck Stop and McDonald's in Hawthorne
- Woman pulls fake gun on drive-thru employee after not getting french fries
- Couple Wants To Build Home; Town Leaders Say No
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home