Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House
Thanksgiving is about spending time with those you love... and being thankful for what you have.
But for some families, being at home for the holidays isn't an option when their children are sick...
For those families, they find comfort at the Ronald McDonald House in Gainesville and say they are spending time with family... their Ronald McDonald family.
They say the house has been a wonderful support system while they're children have been patients at Shands.
And volunteers came in to make sure everyone had a home-cooked meal for Thanksgiving... complete with turkey and all the trimmings.
- Ronald McDonald House Sees Decrease in Donations
- Ronald McDonald House Renovations
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrates 30 Years
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrate 40 Years of Service
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Man Stabbed in McDonald's Drive-Thru
- Culinary Students Use McDonald's Ingredients To Cater Lunch
- Couple Wants To Build Home; Town Leaders Say No
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home