Juvenile Correctional Facility Employee Accused of Child Abuse
A staff member at the Marion County Juvenile Correctional Facility is in jail tonight and charged with aggravated child abuse after using what police describe as unnecessary force on one of the inmates.
On Monday, 40 year-old Ronald Wallace Jr. of Ocala was involved in a physical altercation with two juvenile inmates and another staff member. Wallace is accused of placing a choke-hold on one of the juveniles, causing him to loose consciousness and fall to the ground. The fall caused serious injury to the juvenile's head.
The county Sheriff's office was called to the scene and interviewed several juveniles and staff members about the incident, including Wallace. Wallace's story was not consistent with the statements that other staff and inmates gave to police. As a result, Wallace was arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Correctional Officer Accused of Stealing Hundreds of Identities
- Teens Injured after Riot at Juvenile Detention Facility
- Employees Charged With Abusing The Mentally Disabled
- Latest Developments In The Abuse Allegations Against Employees At Two Group Homes
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Marion County School Employee Accused Of Molesting Girl
- Former American Red Cross Employee Accused of Fraud
- Former Meridian Employee Accused of Having Sex with 14 Year Old Patient