Mobile ID Scanners
The Alachua County's Sheriff's Office is testing new mobile ID scanners. They have been testing them out in the field for more than a year. The left and right index fingers are placed on a scanner and the information is sent to database at the sheriff's office. Information sent is then returned back to the handheld within seconds. Deputies say the scanner will help identify someone when they don't have a physical ID.
- New Body Scanner at Alachua County Jail
- Shands At UF Installs New CT Scanners
- High Defintion CT Scanners
- UF Police: Student Arrested After Using Police Scanner to Keep Police out of Party
- UF Students Build Mobile Sustainability Kiosk
- Residents: It's a Mobile Home Scam
- Mobile Outreach Clinic
- Mobile Home Fraud, Again.
- Mobile Home Fires Confirmed As Arson
- End of the Line for Mobile Home Scammer