Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride
Coping with the loss of a loved one is tough enough. But two parents from Lake City believe their children died due to the negligence of someone who should have been taking care of them.
TV 20 originally brought you the story of these two mothers last year... who are now trying to raise awareness about what they call "legal drug dealers in white coats."
They say a memorial motorcycle ride through Jacksonville this Saturday serves two purposes: To honor their sons and to prevent other people from becoming victims...
Chris Davis' son Daniel Lewis died in May 2008 of an overdose of prescription drugs.
Tammy Dennard's son Travis Walls died in August 2008 of a similar overdose.
And the moms say the man who prescribed the medications was their doctor, Barnie Van Zant of Lake City.
Dr. Van Zant's receptionist told TV 20 he wouldn't comment until after he's spoken to his attorney.
The ride this Saturday is sponsored by Tammy Dennard's ministry... a King's Daughter's Ministry.
Registration starts at 9 a.m. at the Leather Lady in Jacksonville.
- Father Speaks Out About Son's Death
- Grandmother Speaks Out About Baby's Death
- Victims' Mothers Speak Out
- Emilia Carr's Mother Speaks Out
- Family Speaks About Marine's Death
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Mother Who Lost Child to Drunk Driving Speaks Out
- Father Honors Son's Memory By Helping Kids Swim
- Gator Nation Speaks Out About Meyer
- Public Speaks Out About Archer Braid Trail