Officials Admit Mistake in Child Abuse Case
One investigator says that out of hundreds of child abuse cases he's handled, this is one of the worst. In addition, one of the departments that helped handle the case admits they made a mistake.
Levy County Deputies say Alexander Merida abused the two year old daughter of his girlfriend, Christina Morales. Deputies say the mom admitted - but never reported - that her boyfriend rubbed the child's face in her own feces. The medical examination also revealed signs of sexual abuse, which investigators say Merida admitted to.
Merida, who is not a US citizen, is charged with lewd and lascivious molestation, and Morales faces child neglect charges. Officials say the abused two year old girl is now in good hands.
- Child Abuse Cases In Levy County
- Child Abuse Reported In Columbia County
- Juvenile Correctional Facility Employee Accused of Child Abuse
- Motorcylists Ride To Raise Money For Child Abuse Victims
- Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Right Place, Right Time...Cop Catches Child Abuse
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse