Republicans Unite at "Black Tie and Blue Jeans"
The message tonight: unity. That's what some Republicans say their party needs, and they rallied at the Ronald Reagan Black Tie and Blue Jeans barbecue to emphasize that message.
In many places, Republicans are facing a battle between conservatives and moderates for control of the party.
That includes Florida, where Governor Charlie Crist is running for U.S. Senate against former House speaker Marco Rubio. Both were at tonight's event.
Event organizers say they're expecting the largest crowd in the event's seven-year history. This year's keynote speaker was Laura Ingraham, a political commentator on Fox News and host of the radio show, "Laura Ingraham Show."
- Residents Gather For Black Tie, Blue Jeans Event
- Upper Room Church Holds Special Service Called "Black Lives Matter"
- GPD: Recent Car Thefts Tied to "Felony Lane" Activity
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
- No More "Blue Laws"
- Black Friday Efforts Should "Pay Off"
- "Gainesville Is Ferguson" Paints 34th Street Wall Black
- University of Florida Police Department Honors Fallen Officer
- Collins Extradited to Marion County
- Drug Testing of Welfare Recipients Unconstitutional in FL