Teen Boys Ambush Group in Gainesville Apartment
A fight over a 14-year-old girl landed two teens in jail after events escalated to attempted murder charges. Gainesville police were called out to Gateway at Gainesville apartments Thursday night.
They arrested 18-year-old Travis Gordon and 19-year-old Kelvin Hallums for opening fire on the six people in the apartment. Police say the two teens were driving with Gordon's 14-year-old girlfriend to pick up her sister. Gordon got upset that his girlfriend went inside the apartment because other male teens were in there. After a few minutes, Gordon and Hallums went to the apartment door and opened fire, hitting one of the young men in the leg.
GPD says after firing the shots the teens fled the scene, leaving the girls behind. They threw the gun away in some nearby woods, but Gordon went back for it later - the gun was later found inside of a BBQ grill at Gordon's mother's house.
- Group of Teens Break into Vacant Building for Party
- Men Ambushed After Trying to Offer Aid
- Two Gainesville Groups Retailiate and One Person is Shot
- Independent Group Releases Gainesville Police Review Findings
- Gainesville Animal Rescue Group Takes Care Of Abandoned Rabbits
- Gainesville Group Builds "Earthbag Houses" For Haiti Earthquake Survivors
- Gay Rights Group in Gainesville
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation
- Purple Heart Group in Gainesville Honors Late Soldier
- Cause of Gainesville Apartment Fire Still Unknown