There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
In preparation for a line of severe storms expected to move into our area tonight, that state's Chief Financial Officer has set up a storm line to assist people whose homes or property is damaged. Alex Sink has established the Florida Financial Services' Storm Line. The number is 1-800-22-STORM (78676).
The line will be open from 8 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. EST. Residents who need help filing insurance claims or have general insurance questions are encouraged to call the number. Sink, who is also running for the governor's seat, hopes that the storm line will help residents affected by tonight's storms get back on their feet quickly.
Additionally, all Marion County Public Schools have cancelled any after-school activities planned for today. Some athletic events have also been cancelled. Parents are encouraged to meet their kids at their school bus stop in case the weather turns severe. Parents with any questions should call their child's school directly.
The storms are expected to move into our area tonight and bring with them heavy rains and damaging winds. The National Weather Service is also leaving open the possibility for tornadoes to develop.
Stay tuned to TV20 for weather updates through the night. Meteorologist Bill Quinlan will be monitoring the storm all evening and will break into programming in the event a tornado alert is issued for the area.
- Severe Storms Roll Through North Central Florida
- Gainesville Residents Clean Up Damage From Severe Storms
- Lake City Residents Cleanup Mess Left Behind by Severe Storms
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Severe Weather Hits Area
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- Severe Weather in Dixie County
- Shoppers Endure Long Lines, Chilly Weather to Find Best Deals on Black Friday
- Gainesville Police Hold Seminar For Bars and Drinking Establishments
- Allegations Against Waldo Police Chief Szabo That He Established An Unlawful Ticket Quota