Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
An internal affairs report released on Wednesday states that former Alachua County Sheriff's Office, Detention Officer Wayne Kerschner is an active member of the Ku Klux Klan.
Sheriff Sadie Darnell released a statement on Wednesday evening about Kerschner's involvement in the KKK saying:
"THIS IS A SERIOUS VIOLATION AND THE TERMINATION IS WARRANTED.
INDIVIDUALS WITH THIS IDEOLOGY SHOULD NOT BE IN PUBLIC SAFETY."
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- KKK member appears in court
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Former Employees Of Citizen's Co-op Protest For The Second Day In A Row
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Marion County Sheriff's Department reinstates terrorist intelligence unit