Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
An internal affairs report released on Wednesday states that former Alachua County Sheriff's Office, Detention Officer Wayne Kerschner is an active member of the Ku Klux Klan.
Sheriff Sadie Darnell released a statement on Wednesday evening about Kerschner's involvement in the KKK saying:
"THIS IS A SERIOUS VIOLATION AND THE TERMINATION IS WARRANTED.
INDIVIDUALS WITH THIS IDEOLOGY SHOULD NOT BE IN PUBLIC SAFETY."
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Sheriff's Office Investigates Employee For Misappropriation Of Funds
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Raises For Levy County Sheriff's Employees
- New Evidence of Bad Behavior in Levy County Sheriff's Employee
- Former Alachua Co. Sheriff's Sergeant Charges Dropped
- Employees Support Sheriff Blair's Budget Request
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations