Gator Retailers Already Looking Ahead to Pasadena
With one big game after another on their schedule, you'd expect to hear Gator football coaches telling players not to look ahead and take it one game at a time. But for retailers it's hard not to think about the next big game after Saturday's SEC Championship showdown in Atlanta.
Stores like Gators Plus in midtown Gainesville are hoping fans' interest in Gator gear will repeat just like the Gators. Owner Bill Olander said he's already placed orders for national championship merchandise should UF win in the Georgia Dome.
"It doesn't come in in trickles. It will come in virtually like a flood," said Olander. "And we have to have as many hands on the merchandise as we can on Monday and Tuesday."
It's the same story right around the corner at the Florida Book Store. What store managers call "if win" orders have already been placed for both the SEC and national championship games.
"What we've done in past years is a few things have come in before hand so we have that stuff for the immediate next day," said assistant store manager Taryn Emswiler. "Then stuff will start trickling in the next day, or second day, and so on."
- Gator /Mizzou Recap...and an Optimistic Look Ahead
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Multi-State Retail Theft Crime Ring Bust in Marion County
- Lowe's Employee Arrested for Grand Retail Theft
- Retailers Hope to Profit on Cyber Monday
- Levy County Schools Already Preparing for New School Year
- Rough Time Ahead as State Switches Unemployment Systems
- Warren, Orlando Make Final Pitch to Voters Ahead of At-Large 2 Runoff
- New Sexual Assault Guidelines - One College Ahead of the Curve
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills