Man sentenced in bat beating
He's been sitting in the Alachua County Jail for over a year, waiting for today to come- his sentencing. In June of 2008, 46-year-old Daniel Fucci beat his girlfriend and her son with a metal baseball bat. Fucci was set to go to trial back in June, but instead pleaded no contest to beating Charlene Wyrosdick, and her 7-year-old son.
"He's an alcoholic, it's the alcohol that led to all this," said Linda Fucci, Daniel's sister, who watched as her brother listened to his fate.
The judge sentenced Fucci to a total of 40 years in the Florida Department of Corrections. Prior to the sentencing, state prosecutors played a recording of a message Fucci left on his sister's phone the night of the beating. It was this call that led Fucci's mother to notify police, who made a well being check at the home. Prosecutors say this call saved Wyrosdick's life.
"When the officer did the well being check, he found the adult victim and child victim in a pool of blood in the middle of the kitchen," said assistant state attorney Sean Brewer.
Both Wyrosdick and her son suffered skull fractures. Wyrosdick had massive brain injuries and is still undergoing surgeries.
"My sister is going to be imprisoned for the rest of her life by what he did to her," said Faye Roeder, Wyrosdick's sister. "The disability and what he did to her mind. She's always going to be in a prison of her own."
- Man guilty of fatally beating wife with bat
- Tampa Bay Man Sentenced to Death
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Newberry Man Plans Splash Park, In Lieu Of Serving 10-year Federal Sentence
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Columbia County Man Sentenced to Death
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Man Gets 4 Consecutive Life Sentences for Murder
- Ocala Man Convicted of Murder, Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison