North Central Florida Frosty Weather Prep
Winter is right around the corner and that means freezing temperatures aren't too far off. Remember the 3 P's over the next few days: plant, pipe and pet protection. Here are a few tips and feel free to add your suggestions.
For many of your tropical or tender plants, you will need to protect them from the cold. It is good to make sure your plants are well watered before the freeze.
Cover the plants with a frost cloth or a blanket. Any covering you can put over the plant that will really help the plant become insulated and trap the heat from the soil.
Make sure the cloth is weighed down so it doesn't blow off and the blanket is not wrapped around the plant but touching the ground. One of the worst mistakes you can do is leave the cloth on after it warms up which essentially cooks the plants.
- North Central Florida American Red Cross Volunteers Prep to Travel to Oklahoma
- North Central Florida Residents Brave The Cold Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- South Florida organization brings drifting to North Central Florida
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year