North Central Florida Frosty Weather Prep
Winter is right around the corner and that means freezing temperatures aren't too far off. Remember the 3 P's over the next few days: plant, pipe and pet protection. Here are a few tips and feel free to add your suggestions.
For many of your tropical or tender plants, you will need to protect them from the cold. It is good to make sure your plants are well watered before the freeze.
Cover the plants with a frost cloth or a blanket. Any covering you can put over the plant that will really help the plant become insulated and trap the heat from the soil.
Make sure the cloth is weighed down so it doesn't blow off and the blanket is not wrapped around the plant but touching the ground. One of the worst mistakes you can do is leave the cloth on after it warms up which essentially cooks the plants.
- North Central Florida American Red Cross Volunteers Prep to Travel to Oklahoma
- North Central Florida Residents Brave The Cold Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- New Laws Too Late For North Central Florida Charity
- Soldier Return to North Central Florida