Phone Service Back Up in Waldo After Tractor Trailer Accident
Thousands of residents in waldo were without phone service for much of the day... after a tractor trailer accident on Highway 301.
About 21,000 people had limited landline, cell phone or Internet service.
The semi truck was heading south on 301 around 5 o'clock this morning... when it crossed the median, tore through a fence, hit a car and shoved the car through a mobile home.
No one was hurt.
Officials with the Waldo Police Department say there hasn't been a traffic fatality on 301 within Waldo's city limits in 15 years... but when they arrived on scene this morning, they thought for sure someone could've been dead.
911 service was also down in Waldo and surrounding areas.
Dispatchers from the Alachua County Combined Communications Center came to the fire station in Waldo to set up a command post until the 911 system was back up.
Officials say everything is normal now... both with 911 and with regular phone services.
- I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
- Free Speach Advocates Fear "Chilling Effect" After NSA Phone Records Revelation
- Beach Worker Run Over After Falling From Tractor
- Deputy retires after decades of service
- SFC Production Manager Loses Job After 37 Years of Service
- Williston Non Profit Service Dog Organization Still Operational After Losing VA Contract
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Farmers Learn to Use GPS-Guided Tractors
- Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
- Child Hit By Fed-Ex Tractor Trailor