In the Pines Apartment Complex Facing Hefty Fines
The City of Gainesville and the property owners of In the Pines Apartment Complex are at it again. Beginning in December of 2007, Gainesville's Code Enforcement Division has investigated and cited the owners of the property for several major housing violations.
Last July, the Gainesville Code Enforcement board gave the owners six more months to bring the 31 buildings that aren't up to code, to code by this January. Since then, they have been fined 1,000 dollars per day, per building.. that's 31,000 dollars a day. Come January 9th, the owners owe 7 million dollars in fines and the property is supposed to comply.
If they don't do that, they will be cited by the state. Residents who live there are fed up. They have been living with rotting wood, broken balconies and staircases and dilapidated roofs.
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex
- Residents of "In the Pines" Complex Face Problems
- Aviara Apartments Owner Facing Fines After Failing To Correct Violations
- Homicide at Southern Pine Apartments
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Pine Ridge Apartment Shooting
- 23-Year-Old Murdered at Ocala Apartment Complex
- Fire at Gardens Apartment Complex
- Apartment Complex Evictions
- Residents call for action at apartment complex