Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
A threat of gang violence is being spread on the internet and through text messages, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials say it is a hoax.
The message warns people to avoid stopping if they see a baby car seat along the road. It says that if you stop, you will be attacked by a gang.
However, the sheriff's office says all indications prove that it is a hoax.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Warns Against Scams on Elderly
- Alachua County Sheriff's Host Gang Training Session
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Sheriff's Office to Study Salaries
- Sheriff's Office Creates New Program To Lower Agricultural Crime
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Sheriff's Office Shakeup