Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
A threat of gang violence is being spread on the internet and through text messages, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials say it is a hoax.
The message warns people to avoid stopping if they see a baby car seat along the road. It says that if you stop, you will be attacked by a gang.
However, the sheriff's office says all indications prove that it is a hoax.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Warns Against Scams on Elderly
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Sheriff's Host Gang Training Session
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Time Has Flown By For Sheriff's Chaplain
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Bomb Threat Called In To Columbia School Offices, Found To Be A Hoax