Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
A threat of gang violence is being spread on the internet and through text messages, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's officials say it is a hoax.
The message warns people to avoid stopping if they see a baby car seat along the road. It says that if you stop, you will be attacked by a gang.
However, the sheriff's office says all indications prove that it is a hoax.
- Bomb threat at Kanapaha Middle School deemed hoax
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies