Company Hosts Coat Drive To Help Needy Weather The Cold
Many organizations are trying to do their part and help those in need while the cold temperatures are around.
Crystal Air and Water Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning company is holding a coat drive through the month of February. They are collecting clean, gently used coats and jackets as part of the one warm coat community service project for those in need.
All coats accepted will be delivered to local places like United Way and the Salvation Army every two weeks.
"We live in the greatest country in the world," said Kirk Smith, the owner of Crystal Air and Water Inc. "We have tremendous resources here. Everybody should have food. Everybody should be able to stay warm. There's thousands of coats not being used in this town to help keep the needy warm and so we need to do all what we can and keep everybody warm with a coat on their back."
Organizers said people can also flag down a Crystal Air and Water work van and hand the coats to them.
- Winter Coat Drive for the Homeless
- Gainesville Woman's Club Coat Drive
- Donations Requested for Coat Drive
- Coat Drive
- No Hunger Game Part 2, The Faces Of Those Who Help
- UF Campus Braces for Cold Weather as Students Return
- Does El Niño contribute to the cold weather, and what is it anyway?
- Cold Weather & Your Car
- Money for Emergency Shelters Runs Out...Before the Cold Weather Does
- Cold Weather Impact On Manatees