Family Members Wait Anxiously To Hear From Loved Ones In Haiti
The earthquake that sent shockwaves through the island nation has certainly changed the lives of not only those who live there, but also for the family members, including a recent Florida gator football player, waiting on word of their loved ones.
It was Wondy Pierre Loui's cousin, who brought Gator game days to his mom living in Haiti.
"My mom didn't really know how to use the computer in Haiti, so every time we play, he's the one that come in the house and hook it up to the tv and everything and so everybody can watch it." Pierre Loui said.
"He was the heart of the family," Pierre Loui said.
Pierre Loui's cousin was killed in Tuesday's earthquake.
"If there's anything I can do to go back, I really want to be with my mom right now," He said.
Pierre Louie said while he waits for the day he'll be in Haiti helping his family, his friends, teammmates and coaches here are giving him the strength to move forward.
"I really find out that I have a lot of people that really care cuz one bad thing going on, the people that care will always be there so it's a good thing," Pierre Loui said.
- Gainesville Residents Wait to Hear From Their Family in the Philippines
- Families of Missing People Gather to Remember Loved Ones
- Family Members Accused of Murdering One of Their Own
- After 70 Years One Couple Found A Way to Keep the Love Alive
- A Love For Their Country, And One Another
- Loved Ones Searching For Missing Interlachen Man
- Wait Continues for One Stop Homeless Center
- Lake City Man Waiting for Help from FEMA
- Zimmerman Trial: Family Members Testify As Defense Opens Case
- Family members arrested following drug bust in Lawtey