GRU Offers Assistance For Winter Utility Bills
The freezing temperatures are hopefully behind us, but the aftermath is just heating up in the form of skyrocketing power bills.
Gainesville Regional Utility officials said many gas and electric customers could see their bills nearly double because of the record amount of energy used a few weeks ago.
But GRU is offering a little help by offering payment extensions and installment plans.
"Last year, we had a very mild winter," GRU Spokesperson Cindy Andrade said. "So, customers are remembering that and maybe a budget similar to what they had last year. And, this is going to be quite a shock to them."
To find out information about payment assistance plans, call GRU's customer service at 334-3434. Payment plans will be addressed individually based of each customer's payment history.
- Bill Filed for Control of GRU
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- GRU Customers Look for Answers and Relief at City Commission Meeting
- With Additional Hikes Looming, GRU Customers Discuss Energy Costs
- City of Gainesville Votes In Favor Of GRU Audit
- GRU Sets Record for Energy Used in Winter
- GRU and Lowes Offer a Cool Deal for Customers
- Ocala Utility Workers Turning on the Lights Up North
- NAACP Concerns Over Biomass Plant
- Florida Supreme Court reviews FPL rate hike