Program Offers Free Tax Help
It's been said there are only two things certain in life...death and taxes and it is certain if you haven't thought about taxes yet you soon will.
Some people in North Central Florida will be eligible to receive free help to file their taxes through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance or VITA for short. VITA is sponsored by the IRS through United Way, East Gainesville Development Corporation, and UF Levin College of Law. If you or your family made less than $49,000 in 2009, you are eligible. All of the volunteers are students from UF who have been trained in preparing taxes. Go to United Way of North Central Florida for additional information.
- Free Phones offered through State Program
- Four Schools Offer Free After School Program
- Summer meals program offers free food and nutrition
- Libraries Offering Free Homework Help
- Tax Free Weekend Helps Local Business
- Marion County To Offer Free H1N1 Vaccines to Residents
- Free Swimming Lessons Offered to Residents
- Alachua County Schools to Offer Free Flu Vaccines
- North Florida Offers Free Colonoscopy
- Eye Doctors Offer Free Screenings for Three Different Diseases