Series of Church Burglaries Continues
The most recent in a series of church burglaries occurred in Williston this past weekend. The United Methodist Church on Noble Avenue was entered Sunday night in to Monday morning by persons unknown. A minor attack was made on the safe, but entry was not gained. The suspects removed the glass from an office door to gain entry.
There have been as many as 65 burglaries of churches in a five county are in the past six months. The Catholic Church outside Williston and the Baptist Church in Bronson have both been hit in recent months, The Williston Police Department and the Citrus County Sheriff's Office have both run special details to catch the culprits. Investigators here are now pursuing forensic leads. Williston Chief Davis has personally visited city churches to encourage them not to keep cash on the premises. Williston officers have been targeting churches during their night shift patrols.
- Churches Across Five Counties Hit By Over Two Dozen Burglaries
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- LaCrosse Church Vandalized
- Money Stolen From Church
- Bronson Church Service Interrupted
- Churches Limited to Serving 20 Meals a Day to Homeless
- Gainesville Church Ships Supplies To Haiti
- Church Members Accuse Pastor Of Swindling Thousands Of Dollars
- Haiti Earthquake Survivor Speaks To Gainesville Church