State Emergency Workers Coordinate Haiti Relief Efforts
Florida's Emergency Operations Center is in partial activation mode to help coordinate response efforts in Haiti.
First responders are on notice in Miami.
The EOC is staying in touch with volunteers looking to help the devastated country.
While emergency workers coordinated efforts in Haiti, lawmakers from districts with large populations of Haitians gathered at the state capitol to ask people to pitch in.
Governor Charlie Crist issued a statement saying, "Through the Florida Disaster Recovery Fund's 'Neighbors to the Rescue' program, Floridians can make monetary donations and demonstrate their solidarity with the people of haiti."
Volunteer Florida is asking people to visit their Web site to find out how they can help.
- How To Help: Local Haiti Relief Efforts
- Haiti 2 years Later...Relief Efforts Continue
- Gainesville Woman Asks For Help Distributing Haiti Relief Supplies
- Emergency Workers Compete Head to Head in EMS Competition
- New emergency room to benefit patients and rescue workers
- Relief Efforts Underway in Philippines
- How volunteers surprised event coordinators at the LPGA Tour in Ocala
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Relief coming to Dixie County residents
- Small Business Owner Struggles To Find Workers