Still Room in Homeless Shelters during Freezing Nights
It was another chilly night last night... Lows in the mid 20s are sure to send a chill up anyone's spine...but imagine not being about to escape the cold because you have nowhere to go.
Sunday night, the Saint Francis House accommodated 72 people... which is almost capacity... but employees say even if it's really crowded, they're still welcoming those who need a place to stay.
Re-opened after battling a termite problem, the Salvation Army in Gainesville is also experiencing an increase... but employees say they still have plenty of room. 55 people slept there Sunday night, but the facility holds 150. And employees say even if they reach capacity, school gymnasiums are available to house the overflow.
- Homeless Shelters Open All Night Long as Arctic Blast Arrives in NCF
- Plumbers Keeping Busy During Freezing Conditions
- Local Food Banks And Homeless Shelters Struggling
- Homeless Shelter Location
- Late-Season Cold Snap Forces Homeless Shelter to Ask City for More Funds
- City Commission Approves One-Stop Homeless Shelter
- Cold Nights for Homeless
- Two Women Still Homeless After Fire
- Lighting in Dressing Rooms Boosts Sales
- Text Messaging in Three Regional Emergency Rooms.