Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Students Compete In Lego Robotics Tournament
Students from all over Florida competed in a robotics competition at Forest High School in Ocala Saturday.
There were 24 teams at the competition. The teams were from Gainesville, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Ocala, Daytona Beach and Lake City.
The project was to come up with Lego robots that would help resolve challenges in transportation.
Organizers said this forum is good for students, who want to express their science and technology ability.
"We're gonna have a good spirit about what we do here," Director Joe Moseley said. "It's about building children up and giving them an opportunity to do well."
The Lego League Robotics Tournament is held across the U.S. and in 36 countries. The top qualifying teams from Saturday's event will move on to regionals.
- A "GatorMade" Company: Prioria Robotics
- Gainesville Police Use Robot To Spread Crime Prevention Message
- Medical Revolution: Robotic Surgery
- Young First Responders Compete Against Each Other in State Leadership Conference
- Ocala Teen Competes in National Spelling Bee
- Ocala Ice Skater To Compete In Winter Olympics Sunday
- Dog with Gainesville Ties Competes in Westminster Dog Show
- Contestants Compete For The Crown In Local Pageant
- Emergency Workers Compete Head to Head in EMS Competition
- NASA's Newest Robotic Explorer On Its Way To The Moon