Unprotected Pipes Could Cost You Hundreds
The winter chills are expected to linger, but if you don't protect yourself or your pipes the result could cost you hundreds of dollars.
"B&H Plumbing" expects to get flooded with calls as the cold temperatures stick around. Employee Heath Phillips said most of the problems stem from a piece called the back flow preventor that could crack when frozen. Replacing it could cost hundreds of dollars.
Phillips also recommended any exposed pipes get covered with items such as a blanket or to leave water running overnight.
"This is what we're trying to prevent," said Phillips. "To keep people from having to spend money on things they don't need to."
- Medicaid Bill Could Cost Tax Payers Millions
- Pipe Bombs Found In Growhouse Bust
- Crack Pipe Kits Bust
- Freezing Weather Breaking Pipes
- Pipe Bomb Threat Forces Neighbors to Evacuate
- Worn Out Running Shoes can Cost You
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- Thirteen Hundred Workers Staying In Ocala
- Hundreds of Ducks to be Euthanized?