Weekend Spotlight 1-29-2010
On Saturday, get up nice and early and take the kids to the 24th annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
Come be swept away by the medieval magic as you watch jousting knights, dazzling street performers and more than 160 artisans perfecting Renaissance crafts. And, make sure to catch the living chessboard display where you can watch Robin Hood and the merry man take on the forces of evil. The fair runs this weekend and next weekend from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $14 for adults and $7 for children under the age of 17.
On Sunday, take a picnic basket and enjoy a free concert at Buchholz High School. As part of their winter tour, the Air Force Reserve Band will perform at 3 p.m. This will be the first time that the 43-piece concert band will perform in Gainesville.
Also on Sunday, if want to head to the movies. New in theaters-- When in Rome. A successful, young professional New Yorker, who is notoriously unlucky in love, heads to Rome for her younger sister's wedding. But while in Rome, she picks up five coins from a magical fountain. All the men, who threw the five coins, magically fall in love with her. See if she is finally lucky in love by going to the movies.
If you have anything going on that you would like us to know about for next Friday's Weekend Spotlight, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mizell Minute 1-29-2010
- Weekend Spotlight 2-5-2010
- Weekend Spotlight 2-26-2010
- Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi Files Suit Against BP Over 2010 Spill
- City Manager Released Budget For 2009 And 2010 Fiscal Years
- U.S. Census Bureau Recruiting 2010 Census Takers
- April 13, 2010 Election Results
- Preparing for 2010 Hurricane Season
- 2010 Ballot Is Set For North Central Florida
- Down the Red Carpet at Noche do Gala 2010