Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
After yet another internal investigation found more misconduct, a Levy County deputy has resigned. Sheriff Johnny Smith confirms that Chuck Johnson has turned in his badge.
A TV20 investigation found a long list of transgressions that were substantiated against Johnson, but until now he has received only a slap on the wrist. His father is second in command in the sheriff's office, but on Tuesday, Colonel Mike Johnson announced his retirement.
On Thursday his son, Deputy Chuck Johnson, submitted his resignation. To find out why, you can watch the video on the right.
We want to warn you, some of the information in the report is graphic.
- K-9 Officer Escapes from Kennel, Found Safe
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies