Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
A Lake City man is behind bars Friday after deputies say he stole close to $50,000 from an area business.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office deputies received a tip from Quality Industries of America, which is located at 3632 U.S.90 in Lake City, after they say several business checks were written and cashed without their permission.
James Michael Robertson, 26, who worked as a clerical assistant at the business, was arrested on multiple charges of forgery and grand theft.
Robertson is being held on $50,000 bond.
- Nearly $50,000 Worth Of Equipment Stolen From 4-H Farm
- Chili Cook Off raises more than $50,000 for school
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Cyberstalking, Making Death Threats Towards Victim
- Ocala Man Accused Of Embezzling $600,000 From Company
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Ocala Woman Accused of Stealing $53,000 In Checks
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Employee Steals Over $1,000 from Local Business