Former Gator Athlete Wins Olympic Gold In Four-Man Bobsled Competition
One former gator track athlete is bringing home the gold in the Winter Olympics.
Steve Mesler is part of the U.S. four man bobsled team that won the gold medal in Vancouver.
The bobsled team narrowly beat out Germany, who finished in second place.
The win ends a 62-year drought for the U.S. Francis Tyler last won gold for the Americans back in the 1948 Winter Olympics.
- Local Special Olympic Athletes Win Five Medals in Equestrian Competition
- Former Gators Lochte and Spofforth Fall Short on Day Four of Olympics
- Should College Athletes Get Paid? Former Gator Players Weigh In
- Ocala man charged in shooting death of former Gator football player
- Ocala Athlete Heading To Winter Olympics
- Bell's Austin Ritchey Wins High School Play of the Year Competition!
- Marion County SWAT Team Wins Competition
- Ocala elementary school wins singing competition, gets music grant
- Four former MCSO deputies receive prison sentences
- Karate kids win medals at Junior Olympics