Gainesville Man Arrested For Luring Woman Through Craigslist Ad
With an unemployment rate of almost 12 percent in Florida, people are looking for work everywhere. But, some places may be more dangerous than others.
One University of Florida student almost got more than she bargained for when she applied for a job on the Web site Craigslist.
Frank McCann was posting an ad looking for models to shoot for what he was calling an exercise video. After one meeting with him, a young woman googled McCann's name and couldn't believe who she was on her way to meet alone in the woods.
UF student Kristin Bjornsen says she wasn't expecting to meet with Frank B McCann, 59, a registered sex offender, who tried to recruit Bjornsen off Craigslist to shoot an exercise video.
"I thought it would be a personal trainer or something but it wasn't," Bjornsen said.
Suspicious already, Bjornsen met McCann Thursday at a coffee shop downtown, but took her roommates along for extra security. Once the three left, they did some research. They found out that McCann was a sexual predator and had a record in Georgia.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office arrested him early Friday because he's not allowed to recruit people for work over the Internet.
McCann was booked into the Alachua County Jail. He is charged with violating his probation as a sex offender and has no bond.
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Chasing Down Man With Car
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Trying to Run Down a Man With Her Car
- Woman Avoids Craigslist Scam
- Police: Man Lures Victims With Fake Emergency, Then Robs Them
- 11 yr old Girl Escapes Being Lured Into a Man's Van
- Man Attacks Woman In McDonald's Drive-Through
- Alachua County Man Arrested for Stalking Woman at Bus Stop
- Gainesville Woman Arrested After Beating Up Mother & Cutting Nephew With Broken Window
- Gainesville Woman Arrested for Drugs, Says She Needed Money for Son's Birthday
- Woman Arrested for Smashing Displays at Gainesville Walmart