Gainesville Police Officer Accused of Abusing Daughter
The wife of the accused Gainesville police officer who is on trial for abusing his two month old daughter, took the stand Wednesday recalling the day she saw her injured child.
Her husband, Wade Priester, claims to have been sleeping when he awoke to find their daughter on the floor naked with the family dog standing over her. Priester called his wife who was at work -- not 911 to report what had happened. The state says the marking are consistent with child abuse.
"I just kept asking the same questions over and over again trying to put into my head what had happened," says Tabitha Priester.
The state is planning to wrap up their case by Friday. The defense may start calling their witnesses on Friday, but will last through most of next week. The dog has been handed over to a family friend.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Gainesville Police Officer Resigns After An Ongoing Investigation
- Gainesville Police Investigate Claims of Officer Bribery
- Gainesville Police Officer Chases Speeding Car
- Gainesville Police Officers Win Another Battle In Fight Over Holiday Pay
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Gainesville Police Officer Resigns During Investigation