Health Insurance Company Requests Third Rate Hike This Month
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida wants a rate hike on health insurance. They are looking to charge individuals and small businesses by as much as 14 percent more for policies.
This is the third request the company has filed in just the last month. They want an 11 percent increase for people with preferred provider policies while small group plans would be increased by at least 14 percent.
Blue Cross, Blue Shield maintains the increases are necessary because of soaring medical costs.
- Your Health: Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Screening Rates Still Low
- Citizens Insurance Hike
- Students Seek to Stop Loan Interest Rate Hike
- Postal Service considers emergency rate hike
- Florida Supreme Court reviews FPL rate hike
- Insurance Company Raises Money for Camp Boggy Creek
- State Farm Rate Hike?
- State Farm Seeking Double Digit Rate Hike
- Progress Energy Customers Voice Concerns Over Rate Hike
- Two Fla. Power Giants Want Rate Hikes