Levy County Sheriff's Office Promotes Gun Safety, Raises Money
The Levy County Sheriff Office is raising awareness and money for the family of a fallen law enforcement officer. The sheriff's office raised money for the family of Chad Reed, a Dixie County sheriff captain, who lost his life during a shootout with John Kalisz, a man accused of shooting four women and killing two of them in January.
The Levy County Sheriff's Office hosted a pistol class to educate people how to properly fire a gun. Once the class was completed, participants were eligible for a concealed weapon permit.
All proceeds from the cost of the class went to the Chad Reed foundation.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect