Levy County Sheriff's Office Promotes Gun Safety, Raises Money
The Levy County Sheriff Office is raising awareness and money for the family of a fallen law enforcement officer. The sheriff's office raised money for the family of Chad Reed, a Dixie County sheriff captain, who lost his life during a shootout with John Kalisz, a man accused of shooting four women and killing two of them in January.
The Levy County Sheriff's Office hosted a pistol class to educate people how to properly fire a gun. Once the class was completed, participants were eligible for a concealed weapon permit.
All proceeds from the cost of the class went to the Chad Reed foundation.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun