Marion County Opens the Doors to its New Courthouse
There were a lot of smiles today at the ribbon cutting of the new Marion County Judicial Center.
Rapid growth and an increase in county cases prompted the five-story expansion project.
The courthouse includes five additional courtrooms, new arraignment and jury assembly areas and enough offices to accommodate up to 500 county officials.
Commissioners budgeted 42 million dollars for the the expansion and were able to complete the project a million dollars under budget.
"The board of county commissioner committed to this project over a number of years and stuck with the vision of doing something very very special for not only the people that we serve in this building but what the building represents to the community," said County Commissioner Barbara Fitos.
Officials said 77% of the labor that went into the project came from companies based in Marion County.
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Atheist Monument Unveiled on Courthouse Lawn
- Sinkhole Near Suwannee County Courthouse
- Spirit Of Faith Officially Opens Its Doors
- Balance 180 Opening Doors For Young Athletes
- Area Business Opens Doors for Those in Need
- Homeless shelters open doors in light of cold weather