More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
More action is being taken against a high profile family at the Levy County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Johnny Smith says that an investigation has been launched into a complaint against Susan Everett. Everett is the daughter of the number two man at the sheriff's office, Colonel Mike Johnson, who announced his retirement under pressure this week. Everett is also the sister of Deputy Chuck Johnson, who turned in his badge Thursday after a string of indiscretions.
Two letters written by Sheriff's Office employees in 2008 claimed that prescription pills went missing after Everett sat at another employee's desk.
Now 18 months later, an investigation is under way.
Sheriff Smith told TV20's Josh Rosenthal that he "dropped the ball" and the allegations should have been investigated then, but he's doing it now.
- More Details On The Double Homicide At A High Springs Bar
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Sheriff Darnell Responds to Mike Fellows Investigation
- Zac & Kathy Zedalis fired after domestic abuse investigations