Parents Urge Commissioners to Reinstate After-School Program
Some residents in Southwest Alachua County say they haven't been able to go to Alachua County Commission meetings... so they wanted commissioners to come to them.
That's what happened last night...
Commissioners came to the library on tower road to hear residents' concerns... especially one in particular.
Parents say... they want their kids' after-school program reinstated.
The program, which was led by the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, was closed in October... and parents say they've been fighting ever since to get it back... and they'll continue to fight.
County officials addressed many problems in the Tower Road area, in addition to the after school program... like getting healthcare facilities and creating sidewalks and bike lanes along SW 24th Avenue.
- Parents Urge Commissioners to Reinstate After-School Program
- Campaign for Disc Golf after-school program
- School Board Urges Parents To Register Kids
- Schools Urging Parents to Get Head Start on Registration
- Alachua County Schools urging parents to register students
- Commissioner Byerly speaks on school resource deputy program
- Convicted parents not welcomed after school
- West Port high parents are upset after threats were made to the school
- Parents outraged after school bus accident in Marion County
- Four Schools Offer Free After School Program