School Crossing Guards Recognized For Their Service
Governor Charlie Christ has designated the first Friday of every February--- Crossing Guard Appreciation Day.
In Alachua County, crossing guards were thanked for helping to instill good safety habits in children.
Crossing guards say it's the children who make their jobs rewarding.
"I just love doing what I'm doing," Talbot Elementary School Crossing Guard Betty Hicks said. "I have fun with the kids if I can ever speak to them. We're so busy here. This is one of the busiest schools."
James Young, who works at Lincoln Middle in southeast Gainesville, was honored as the first-ever Alachua County crossing guard of the year.
- Crossing Guards, School Deputies Get Wrapped Up into a Budget Battle
- Cross Guards Prepare for School Year
- Crossing Guard Honored
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Two Crossing Guards Laid to Rest
- Marion County School District Consolidates Custodial Services
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- UF Orthopaedics Recognized Globally
- County Emergency Team Recognized as Exemplary Program
- Local Doctor Nationally Recognized