School Crossing Guards Recognized For Their Service
Governor Charlie Christ has designated the first Friday of every February--- Crossing Guard Appreciation Day.
In Alachua County, crossing guards were thanked for helping to instill good safety habits in children.
Crossing guards say it's the children who make their jobs rewarding.
"I just love doing what I'm doing," Talbot Elementary School Crossing Guard Betty Hicks said. "I have fun with the kids if I can ever speak to them. We're so busy here. This is one of the busiest schools."
James Young, who works at Lincoln Middle in southeast Gainesville, was honored as the first-ever Alachua County crossing guard of the year.
- Cross Guards Prepare for School Year
- Crossing Guards, School Deputies Get Wrapped Up into a Budget Battle
- Crossing Guard Honored
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Two Crossing Guards Laid to Rest
- Putnam County crossing guard arrested for aggravated battery
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- 100 Deployments From The Florida National Guard Since 9-11
- High School Army Recruits Recognized in Ocala
- "Good Samaritan" food drive for Evergreen Elementary School families