Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
Two people are behind bars after police say they severely beat a man and put him in the hospital with serious injuries.
Gainesville police say Anthony Lee Fox and Beverely Kay Thorton went to the victim's tent that sits in the woods off of 16th Avenue and Williston Road on friday.
Thorton and the victim used to be involved, and police say she went to the tent to get her stuff.
Fox had a knife and cut his way into the tent, according to the police report. Then, police say Fox began to hit the man in the face and held a knife to his throat.
Thorton grabbed a tree limb hitting the victim in the knees, arms, stomach, and face.
The man lost consciousness for six hours before police arrived.
"When our officers initially responded and got him to the hospital, the situation could have gone either way for him, he was beaten unmercifully," Lt. Keith Kameg said.
Fox and Thorton were arrested on Saturday and charged with attempted murder. Both are in the Alachua County Jail and are each held on $250,000 bond.
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- Two Arrested On Aggravated Assault Charges After Road Rage Incident
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
- P.K. Yonge Administrators Face Questions in Wake of Molestation 'Incident'
- Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder
- Neighbors Detail House Where 15 Year Old Was Brutally Murdered
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Couple Faces Murder Charges