Union County, Most Unhealthy in Florida
According to a recent study by the University of Wisconsin, which ranked all the counties in every state by health... in Florida, Union County was last..
It was 67th out of 67 in the "Health Outcomes" category... which measures how healthy you are and what leads to premature deaths.
Obesity is just one of the contributing factors that health officials are trying to combat.
They've already implemented a program called "Healthy People Healthy Communities" to teach residents the importance of diet and exercise.
Health officials say this is the first time a study has ranked all the counties in Florida... so seeing the number on paper is motivational.
Collier County ranked number one.
And here in North Central Florida... Alachua County ranked 18th...
- Most Counties In North Central Florida Excel on End of Course Exams
- Day One of Kiwanis Tournament Sees Union County, Bradford County Victorious
- Wanted Alabama Suspect Located in Levy County, Attacks Police Officer
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Flooding Expected in Gilchrist County, Eighteen Land Tracts Closed
- Three Entrepreneurs From Alachua County Named Most Successful
- One of Bradford County's "Most Wanted" Arrested in Puerto Rico
- Crime Rate Falls in Most Counties Throughout NCF
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- One Dead in Union County Crash