Union County, Most Unhealthy in Florida
According to a recent study by the University of Wisconsin, which ranked all the counties in every state by health... in Florida, Union County was last..
It was 67th out of 67 in the "Health Outcomes" category... which measures how healthy you are and what leads to premature deaths.
Obesity is just one of the contributing factors that health officials are trying to combat.
They've already implemented a program called "Healthy People Healthy Communities" to teach residents the importance of diet and exercise.
Health officials say this is the first time a study has ranked all the counties in Florida... so seeing the number on paper is motivational.
Collier County ranked number one.
And here in North Central Florida... Alachua County ranked 18th...
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Breathalyzers, Most Cop Cars Don't Carry Them
- Most Counties In North Central Florida Excel on End of Course Exams
- One of Bradford County's "Most Wanted" Arrested in Puerto Rico
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Burglary suspect wanted in Union County
- Union County Commissioners pause any requests for Phosphate Mining
- Homicide Investigation in Union County
- Local Union Leaders Question The Future Of Labor
- Union County ranks last in statewide health rankings