89 Year Old Man Dies in House Fire
Family members of a Marion County man who died in a house fire are grieving tonight, and say they can't imagine why their loved one wasn't able to escape the blaze.
The man's niece says even though he was almost 90 years old, he was still in good health and should've been able to get out of the house.
State Fire Marshals haven't released the victim's name yet... but family members say they believe it was Willie Rae Mack who was inside.
Mack lived alone in the home in Boardman, which is near McIntosh.
Marion county fire rescue got the call a little before 10 last night and investigators say within minutes, the entire home was engulfed. it took them over an hour to put out the blaze.
Mack lived on NW 216th Lane in Boardman, and there's nothing left of the home... just caution tape around the charred house's frame. Investigators say they found the victim's body in the living room.
Investigators are still trying to figure out what started the fire. And they say they'll officially release the victim's name once they complete a dental records investigation.
- Five Year Old Dies in Fire
- Man Dies in House Fire
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- 12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
- The 96 year old woman from Newberry who was brutally attacked in July, died today...
- 19-year-old Dies During Hiking Accident in Jonesville
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Neighbors Detail House Where 15 Year Old Was Brutally Murdered
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Five Children Die in Citra House Fire